Tshokwane Trading Post & Picnic Site
Named after a local Shangaan chief named Chokwane, Tshokwane was first created in 1928 as a ranger post by James Stevenson-Hamilton, the first warden of Kruger Park.
Tshokwane is now a pleasant stopover when travelling from the southern camps of the Kruger National Park, such as Skukuza and Pretoriuskop Rest Camp, to the northern camps. Tshokwane Picnic Site is found along a tarred road and can be accessed via the H1-2 from Skukuza Rest Camp, or even the H10 from Lower Sabie.
Kruger Lowveld Explorer